Coconut is almost everywhere in Badagry. It is known as “Agunke” by the natives. Coconut is highly nutritious and rich in vitamins and minerals. All the component parts of coconut are used for one thing or the other ranging from the flesh (food, oil ), the water(medicinal), the husk (fuel), the shell(fuel) etc are used for one thing or the other. The Several products like Coconut oil, coconut cake, coconut jam, coconut flakes, coconut biscuit and several others can be obtained from Coconut.
Coconut oil is one of the most popular extracts of coconut. It has multiple health benefits, which include skin care, hair care, immunity against germs, diseases, infections and many more.
Health Benefits of Coconut Oil
1. It strengthens immune system
2. Restores damage tissues
3. Improve bone health
4. Prevents and cures candida
5. Prevents wrinkles, sagging skin, dry and flaking skin.
6. Reduces protein loss in hair and nourishes the hair.
7. Can be used as anti-aging facial moisturizer.